10th Regiment of Foot
The Royal Lincolnshire Regiment
- 1685 raised as the Earl of Bath's Regiment for its first Colonel John Granville, 1st Earl of Bath
- 1751 became the 10th Regiment of Foot
- 1781 became the 10th (North Lincoln) Regiment of Foot
- 1881 became The Lincolnshire Regiment
- 1946 became The Royal Lincolnshire Regiment
- 1960 amalgamated with The Northamptonshire Regiment, to form 2nd East Anglian Regiment (Duchess of Gloucester's Own Royal Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire)
- 1964 united with 1st East Anglian Regiment (Royal Norfolk and Suffolk), 3rd East Anglian Regiment (16th/44th Foot), and The Royal Leicestershire Regiment, to form The Royal Anglian Regiment
Service in British India
- 1798 India
- 1801 Egypt
- 1842 India
- 1845 1st Sikh War
- 1848 2nd Sikh War
- 1857 Indian Mutiny
- 1875 Perak War
- 1897 Egypt
- 1898 Sudan
- 1898 Secunderabad
- 1905 Kamptee
- 1936 Bombay
- 1939 Dinapore
- A detachment of the 2nd Battalion was in Port Blair, Andaman Islands in January 1871 and Rangoon in August 1871.
- The History of the Tenth Foot (the Lincolnshire Regiment) by Albert Lee
- Volume II 1813-1910 is available online, refers below. Both volumes are available on FamilySeach microfilm, catalogue entry (Ordering microfilms)
- 10th (North Lincoln) Regiment of Foot Wikipedia
- Royal Lincolnshire Regiment Wikipedia
- Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment Wikipedia
- The Royal Lincolnshire Regiment including deployments: 1st Battalion, 2nd Battalion Regiments.org, an archived site.
- The Royal Anglian & Royal Lincolnshire Regimental Association
- The Royal Anglian Regiment Museum Covers the Royal Norfolk Regiment (9th Foot), the Royal Lincolnshire Regiment (10th Foot), the Suffolk Regiment (12th Foot), the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Regiment (16th Foot), the Royal Leicestershire Regiment (17th Foot), the Essex Regiment (44th/ 56th Foot), and the Northamptonshire Regiment (48th/ 58th Foot).
- Sutlej Medal 1845/6 Roll for the 10th Regiment of Foot, with clasp "Sobraon" from the archived website YesterYears
Historical Books Online
- Historical Record of the Tenth, or the North Lincolnshire Regiment of Foot: containing an account of the formation of the regiment in 1685, and of its subsequent services to 1847 by Richard Cannon (1847) Google Books. Indian Service commences page 46 in 1799 in Madras.
- page 85 Recollections of thirty-nine years in the Army : Gwalior and the Battle of Maharajpore, 1843, the gold coast of Africa, 1847-48, the Indian mutiny, 1857-58, the expedition to China, 1860-61, the siege of Paris, 1870-71, etc. by Sir Charles Alexander Gordon, Surgeon- General 1898 Archive.org. The author transferred into the 10th Regiment of Foot in 1851 by purchase.
- Barracks and battlefields in India; or, The experiences of a soldier of the 10th Foot (North Lincoln) in the Sikh wars and Sepoy Mutiny, edited by the Rev Caesar Caine 1891 is available to read as a Pdf download, Digital Library of India. The soldier was Thomas Malcolm. This book is also available on a restricted access basis, probably accessible by those in North America on the Hathi Trust Digital Library
- The History of the Tenth Foot (the Lincolnshire Regiment) Volume II [1813-1910] by Albert Lee 1911. Hathi Trust Digital Library. Includes Alphabetical List of Officers 1685-1910. Restricted access, probably accessible by those in North America and some other countries Volume I
- JeffH01 10th Regiment of Foot (North Lincolnshire Regt) Rootsweb British Army Message Board 21 October 2010. Retrieved 5 January 2015