| [[Image:|150px| ]]|
|Line of route|
|Ahmadpur to Katwa|
|Gauge / mileage|
|2' 6" NG||32 miles|
|1917||Opened to traffic|
|1917||McLeod's Light Railways|
|1966||Eastern Railway (IR zone)|
|How to interpret this infobox|
The Ahmadpur-Katwa Railway (AKR) was a 2ft 6in/762mm narrow gauge(NG) line, 32 miles(51km), constructed by Ahmadpur-Katwa Railway Company, and operated as part of McLeod's Light Railways, opening to traffic on 29 September 1917.
The 1918 Administration Report on Indian Railways shows that the working/operating agency was the Ahmadpur-Katwa Railway Company. 
In 1966, ownership of the AKR, together with its sister line, the Burdwan-Katwa Railway, was transferred to a zone of Indian Railways, Eastern Railway, which continues to operate the BKR as a narrow-gauge operation.
Classified in 1926 and in 1942 as a Class III railway system.
Refer to FIBIS Fact File #4: “Research sources for Indian Railways, 1845-1947” - available from the Fibis shop. This Fact File contains invaluable advice on 'Researching ancestors in the UK records of Indian Railways' with particular reference to the India Office Records (IOR) held at the British Library
An on-line search of the IOR records relating to this railway  gives the following: -
- L/F/8/20/1656 “Ahmadpur-Katwa Railway, Contract for construction of a railway”