Asia, Pacific & Africa Collection
The British Library's Asia, Pacific and Africa Collections (APAC), formerly known as OIOC (Oriental and India Office Collections) contain the India Office Records. Material belonging to the collection may be viewed in the Asian & African Studies Reading Room. To visit the Library you will need to apply for a reader's ticket; details of this may be found in the British Library article.
Material held in the collection includes:
- India Office Records
- European Manuscripts collection
- Publications relevant to British India
Obtaining remote research assistance
- The FIBIS research team is available to assist FIBIS members unable to visit the British Library. For information and advice contact email@example.com
- The APAC team at the British Library also conduct research into their records. Charges may apply. For further details email apac-enquiries@ bl.uk
- Asia, Pacific and Africa Collections
- Online Gallery APAC Collection searchable prints, drawings and photographs
- South Asia South Asia is taken to include India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tibet, Bhutan, Sikkim, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- British Library - India Office Family Records on-line Search
- The Treasures of the Asian & African Studies Reading Room British Library Asian and African Studies blog 26 July 2013