Bukhtiarpur-Bihar Light Railway
|Bukhtiarpur-Bihar Light Railway|
| [[Image:|150px| ]]|
|Line of route|
|Bukhtiarpur to Rajgir|
|Gauge / mileage|
|2' 6" NG||18 miles (1905)|
33 miles (1943)
|1903||Section to Bihar opened to traffic|
|1911||Extended to Rajgir|
|1950||Taken over by local district board|
|1962||Nationalised, converted to broad gauge and re-opened to traffic|
|Stations||Bukhtiarpur, Bihar, Rajgir|
|Worked by Martin's Light Railways|
|1962||Eastern Railway (IR zone)|
|How to interpret this infobox|
The Bukhtiarpur-Bihar Light Railway (BLR) was a short, narrow gauge branchline which connected the city of Bihar to the East Indian Railway at Bukhtiarpur. The line was later extended from Bihar to Rajgir.
The line was taken over by the local district board in 1950. In 1962, the track was acquired by Indian Railways, converted to broad gauge and re-opened to traffic.
"Bukhtiarpur Bihar Light Railway" Wikipedia.
"Martin's Light Railways" Wikipedia.
"History of Railway construction" Indian Railways Service of Engineers [see "Martin & Co" in table].