- General Register Office
- East Africa (First World War)
- POW Camps in India. During WW1, some German civilians were transferred from East Africa to camps at Ahmednagar and Belgaum in India
- FamilySearch, a free website provided by the LDS (Mormon) Church has a category Africa
- East African Cemeteries and Memorials. Includes cemeteries from
- Rootsweb Mailing Lists
- GenForum: Kenya Genealogy Forum
- J Gordon Mumford’s African Adventures includes
- "England, Andrews Newspaper Index Cards, 1790-1976", This is part of Newspapers and Periodicals section of Ancestry database and holds some genealogical information relating to countries in East Africa.
- Guide: War Office Archive of [online] Maps relating to the former British East Africa (modern-day Kenya, Uganda and adjacent parts of Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda, DR Congo, South Sudan, Ethiopia and Somalia). The maps were created between 1890 and 1940. British Library website.
Historical books online
- The Kenya Gazette Issues from 1899. (broken range). There is a small tool bar which enables you to scroll the volumes available. There appear to be no editions for 1916 . There is a Search facility for all issues. Google Books
- The Kenya Gazette is an official publication of the government of the Republic of Kenya. It contains notices of new legislation, notices required to be published by law or policy as well as other announcements that are published for general public information. It is published every week, usually on Friday, with occasional releases of special or supplementary editions within the week.
- The Land of Gold, Diamonds and Ivory; being a Comprehensive Handbook and Guide to the Colonies, States and Republics of South and East Africa by J F Ingram 1889 Archive.org
- British East Africa; or, IBEA; a history of the formation and work of the Imperial British East Africa Company by P L McDermott 1893 Archive.org
- The East Africa Protectorate by Sir Charles Eliot 1905 Archive.org
- Our newest colony : being an account of British East Africa and its possibilities as a new land for settlement by A G Anderson 1910 Archive.org
- A colony in the making : or, Sport and profit in British East Africa by Lord Cranworth 1912 Archive.org
- Farming & planting in British East Africa : a description of the leading agricultural centres and an account of agricultural conditions and prospects by T J O’ Shea 1917
- Photograph: All Saints’ Church Nairobi facing page 27