Gaekwar's Dabhoi Railway
The Gaekwar's Dabhoi Railway was the original name of the ox-driven line between Dabhoi and Miyagam Karjan, a distance of 20 miles(33km) and opened in 1862. The line was laid during the reign of Sir Khanderao Gaekwar of Baroda, the Maharaja of Vadodara. Owned by the Princely Baroda State, it was the first railway built and operated by a Native Prince.   
The line was a 2ft 6in/762mm narrow gauge(NG) with rails weighing 13 lbs to a yard. The line was designed and constructed by A.W.Forde. A pair of oxen used to haul trains composed of 4-6 vehicles.
In 1863, Khanderao purchased 3 steam locomotives built by Neilson and Co., Glasgow. These 0-4-0 ST locomotives proved to be too heavy for the rails. During the reign of Malharrao in 1871, the old rails were removed and new rail 30 lbs to a yard were laid. The 32.3 km Miyagam-Dabhoi line was reopened for traffic on 8.4.1873 and renamed the Gaekwar's Baroda State Railway(GBSR).
- "Gaekwar's Baroda State Railway" by Vikas Singh, Editor of Indian Steam Railway Society Magazine; Retrieved 11 Dec 2015
- " Administration Report on the Railways in India – corrected up to 31st March 1918"; Superintendent of Government Printing, Calcutta; page 36; Retrieved 17 Dec 2015
- "History of Vadora/Baroda - Gaekwar's Baroda State Railway"; Retrieved 11 Dec 2015