This article details connections between British India and Ireland, particularly emigration and immigration.
- Irish Townlands
- Passenger Lists (UK Ports)
- Newspapers and journals online: Pay websites and Subscription websites-online newspapers, journals and directories: Other British and Irish publications for information about the website "Irish Newspaper Archives".
- The Irish In India (1790-1920) A youtube presentation of a lecture given by FIBIS chairman, Peter Bailey, in May 2012
- National Archives of Ireland
- Public Record Office of Northern Ireland also referred to as PRONI
- Kabristan Archives publish The Forgotten Irish - Memorials of the Raj and A Handbook for Irish War Graves in India, Burma & Beyond 1914-45 Both titles can be found on open access in the British Library Asian and African Reading Room.
- Articles in Irish Family History-Journal of the Irish Family History Society
- "The India Callaghans" by Alfred D. F. Gabb, Volume 11 (1995) page 32
- "From Co. Kildare to India" by Tom Radigan, Volume 13 (1997) page 3
- "An Irish community in Bombay" by Abagail Sheppard, Volume 15 (1999) page 22
- "Irishmen in the East-India Company Army" by Peter Bailey, Volume 17 (2001) page 84
- National Library of Ireland: free online Catholic Parish Register images: Baptisms and marriages to 1880. Introduced 8 July 2015. These images are not indexed by name, so you will need to know the relevant parish.
- National Archives Guide: Looking for records of a birth, marriage or death in Scotland and Ireland
- What Irish records are online? from Irish Ancestors irishtimes.com
- Recruiting regions of Irish infantry regiments in the British Army from 1881 until 1922. A list of regiments, depots, counties together with a map. Select page 5 of the document in this link or pdf
- "Information Document on the Irish Regiments of the British Army up to 31st July 1922". Irish Military Archives Dublin docs.google version, original pdf
- "Irish Soldiers in the British Army 1792-1922: Suborned or Subordinate?" by Peter Karsten Journal of Social History Volume 17 No. 1 (Autumn 1983) pages 31-64 docs.google version original pdf
- "A Lost Heritage: The Connaught Rangers and Multivocal Irishness" by John Morrissey, 2005 , Chapter 3 of Ireland’s Heritages: Critical Perspectives on Memory and Identity edited by M Mc Carthy 2005. pdf Website: ARAN, National University of Ireland, Galway.