| [[Image:|150px| ]]|
|Line of route|
|Gholeshapur to Majherhat|
|Gauge / mileage|
|2' 6" NG||28 miles (estimate)|
|1917||Opened to traffic|
|1920||Falta to Majherhat opened|
|Stations||Gholeshapur, Falta, Majherhat|
|1917||McLeod's Light Railways|
|How to interpret this infobox|
The Kalighat-Falta Railway (KFR) was a 2ft 6in/762mm narrow gauge(NG) line, built and operated as part of McLeod's Light Railways, opening to traffic on 28 May 1917. The line was 25 miles (40km) in length and connected Kalighat to Falta 
Sometime between 1955 and 1957, the KFR was closed and the track abandoned. The trackbed has since been used in the construction of a new road.
A surviving member of a small class of 2-6-2T locomotives, built by W G Bagnall at Stafford, England, designated AK16, was acquired by the Phyllis Rampton Narrow Gauge Trust and is now in storage in the UK awaiting restoration.
Refer to FIBIS Fact File #4: “Research sources for Indian Railways, 1845-1947” - available from the Fibis shop. This Fact File contains invaluable advice on 'Researching ancestors in the UK records of Indian Railways' with particular reference to the India Office Records (IOR) held at the British Library
An on-line search of the IOR records relating to this railway  gives the following: -
- L/F/8/20/1649 “Kalighat-Falta Railway Company Limited, Contract as to construction, working and maintenance of a railway from Kalighat (Majerhat) to Falta; 1921”