Mewar State Railway

From FIBIwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Mewar State Railway

Previous to 1943 known as Udaipur-Chitor Railway, opened 1895-1899.

The railway was a Metre Gauge(MG) line, sponsored by the Princely Mewar State Durbar, to link Udaipur to Chitor and worked by the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway(BB&CIR) up to 31 December 1897. With effect from 1st January 1908 the maintenance and working was taken over by the Mewar Durbar.

Chitor was the connection to the Rajputana-Malwa Railway(RMR), which, in 1900, merged into the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway(BB&CIR)}