The Mymensingh-Jamalpur-Jagannath Railway was opened in 1899, the metre gauge(MG) line of 56 miles(90km) linking these three towns.
- Mymensingh (renamed from Nasirabad in about 1911 due to confusion with town in Rajputana); with its connection to the Mymensingh–Bhairab Bazar Railway worked by the Assam Bengal Railway (ABR)
- Jamalpur (59 miles/90km from Mymensingh)was the junction with the Bahadurabad branch, opened after 1911 which ran to Bahadurabad (25 miles/40km)
- Jagannath (20 miles/32km) from Jamalpur) where it connected with a steamer station on Jamuna.
The Mymensingh-Jamalpur-Jagannath Railway was acquired by the State in the 1920’s and the management passed to EBR. 
- Railway Raj Safari 1a - Keith Scholey
-  National Encylopedia of Banglash – Railway - paragraph 11