North West Frontier Province
North West Frontier Province was created out of Punjab in 1901. It was part of the Bengal Presidency and it is now a province of Pakistan. In April 2010, the name of the province was official changed to Khyber-Pakhtoonkhwa by passage of an amendment to the Constitution.
It consisted of five districts.
- Dera Ismail Khan aka D. I. Khan
- Lakki Marwat
The following princely states were located in the region and included into it after Partition.
For images see: Forts of the Frontier
- Online articles on the Province
- NWF Province - British Era Wikipedia
- Rootsweb - North West Frontier Map
- Sketching the Afghan border - The Serving Soldier