Pipar-Bilara Light Railway

From FIBIwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Pipar-Bilara Light Railway
[[Image:|150px| ]]
Line of route
Pipar to Bilara
Gauge / mileage
2' 0" NG 25 miles (1921)
Timeline
1910-1912 Line constructed
1928 Replaced by metre gauge line
Key locations
Presidency Bengal
Stations Pipar, Bilara
System agency
1910 Jodhpur-Bikaner Railway
1924 Jodhpur State Railway
How to interpret this infobox

Originally constructed as a steam tramway and also known as the the Pipar Road-Ravi Light Railway, the Pipar-Bilara Light Railway was a short (25 mile) 2ft/610mm narrow gauge(NG) railway. The line first opened in 1910 from Pipar Road to Bhavi and extended to reach Bilara in 1912; owned by the Princely Jodhpur State who worked the line up to February 1913 when the working was taken over by Jodhpur-Bikaner Railway. [1]

References

  1. "Administration Report on the Railways in India – corrected up to 31st March 1918"; Superintendent of Government Printing, Calcutta; page 192; Retrieved 10 Feb 2016