Polish Refugees in India 1942-1948
The Polish Children’s Camp was at Balachadi, near Jamnagar on the Kathiawar Peninsula, Bombay Presidency. The Polish Refugees’ Camp was at Valivade in Kolhapur State, Bombay Presidency
- An unforgettable journey by Maria van der Linden (1992) (online) The story of a child Polish refugee who spent five years in India from December 1942-1947. She spent a period in the main Polish Refugees' Camp at Valivade-Kolhapur. For a period she attended Kimmins Girls' High School, an Anglican missionary college , at Panchgani inland from Poona where her mother was the school nurse.
- The General Langfitt Story: Polish Refugees Recount Their Experiences of Exile, Dispersal and Resettlement by Maryon Allbrook and Helen Cattalini first published 1995 includes a chapter "The Polish Settlements in India". Online publication of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC), Australian Government
- Details of the book Poles in India 1942-1948: Second World War Story. Available through Amazon.co.uk from the FIBIS Shop. Available at the British Library
- Details of the book The Second Homeland: Polish Refugees in India by Anuradha Bhattacharjee 2012. Available at the British Library. Originally written as a Ph D thesis Polish Refugees in India 1942-48 University of Pune, 2006.
- Article: Second Thoughts: Kindness remembered by Navtej Sarna December 3, 2012 The Hindu
- Article The Times Of India 17 September 2006 about the camp for Polish refugee children at Balachadi
- The Noble and Compassionate Heart of the Maharaja Jam Saheb Digvijay Sinhi The Cosmopolitan Review
- Seeking Kin: A maharajah comes to the rescue by Hillel Kuttler June 27, 2012. www.jta.org . There were some Jewish children among the refugees.
- Polish Maharaja’s Children Blog by Bediqus 24 June (?) 2010
- Little Warsaw Of Kathiawar with comments outlookindia.com
- Part Two: Stories of the deportations to Siberia by Teresa Oszurko. Scroll down the page to the commencement of this article, and further scroll (about 80%) to the time spent in India.
- Polish Students In Panchgani Schools dancingheartpanchgani.blogspot
- Dr. Khare Visits Polish Refugee Camp at Kolhapur. 1944 May 6 You Tube
- Details of the book Heniek: A Polish Boy's Coming of Age in India During WW2 by Anna Bonshek December 2009 Publisher: Prana World Consulting ISBN: 9780646523033
- "Polish nationals’ graves in Karachi" Financial Daily 3 November 2007. docstoc.com
- Karachi: City Secret – Polish Connection with photographs September 6, 2011 thekarachiwalla.com
- "The graveyard of tolerance" by Rafia Zakaria 22nd February, 2013 Dawn.com blog. The Polish Refugees in Karachi
- Film to chronicle Polish WWII refugees in India 18 July 2012 ‘News from Poland’