Polish Refugees in India 1942-1948
The Polish Children’s Camp was at Balachadi, near Jamnagar on the Kathiawar Peninsula, Bombay Presidency. The Polish Refugees’ Camp was at Valivade in Kolhapur State, Bombay Presidency
Records at the British Library
- An unforgettable journey by Maria van der Linden (1992) (online) The story of a child Polish refugee who spent five years in India from December 1942-1947. She spent a period in the main Polish Refugees' Camp at Valivade-Kolhapur. For a period she attended Kimmins Girls' High School, an Anglican missionary college , at Panchgani inland from Poona where her mother was the school nurse.
- The General Langfitt Story: Polish Refugees Recount Their Experiences of Exile, Dispersal and Resettlement by Maryon Allbrook and Helen Cattalini first published 1995 includes a chapter "The Polish Settlements in India". Online publication of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC), Australian Government
- Details of the book Poles in India 1942-1948: Second World War Story. Available through Amazon.co.uk from the FIBIS Shop. Available at the British Library
- Details of the book The Second Homeland: Polish Refugees in India by Anuradha Bhattacharjee 2012. Available at the British Library. Originally written as a Ph D thesis Polish Refugees in India 1942-48 University of Pune, 2006.
- Article: Second Thoughts: Kindness remembered by Navtej Sarna December 3, 2012 The Hindu
- Article The Times Of India 17 September 2006 about the camp for Polish refugee children at Balachadi
- The Noble and Compassionate Heart of the Maharaja Jam Saheb Digvijay Sinhi The Cosmopolitan Review
- Seeking Kin: A maharajah comes to the rescue by Hillel Kuttler June 27, 2012. www.jta.org . There were some Jewish children among the refugees.
- Polish Maharaja’s Children Blog by Bediqus 24 June (?) 2010
- Little Warsaw Of Kathiawar with comments outlookindia.com
- A Reunion for War Survivors Who Escaped to India by Naresh Fernandes July 29, 2013 New York Times
- Part Two: Stories of the deportations to Siberia by Teresa Oszurko. Scroll down the page to the commencement of this article, and further scroll (about 80%) to the time spent in India.
- Polish Students In Panchgani Schools dancingheartpanchgani.blogspot
- Dr. Khare Visits Polish Refugee Camp at Kolhapur. 1944 May 6 You Tube
- Details of the book Heniek: A Polish Boy's Coming of Age in India During WW2 by Anna Bonshek December 2009 Publisher: Prana World Consulting ISBN: 9780646523033
- "Polish nationals’ graves in Karachi" Financial Daily 3 November 2007. docstoc.com
- Karachi: City Secret – Polish Connection with photographs September 6, 2011 thekarachiwalla.com
- "The graveyard of tolerance" by Rafia Zakaria 22nd February, 2013 Dawn.com blog. The Polish Refugees in Karachi
- Film to chronicle Polish WWII refugees in India 18 July 2012 ‘News from Poland’