Shahdara-Saharanpur Light Railway
|Shahdara-Saharanpur Light Railway|
| [[Image:|150px| ]]|
|Line of route|
|Shahdara to Saharanpur|
|Gauge / mileage|
|2' 6" NG||93 miles (1943)|
|1907||Line opened to traffic|
|1970||Closed; later re-opened after conversion to broad gauge|
|Worked by Martin's Light Railways|
|1970||Taken over by Indian Railways|
|How to interpret this infobox|
The Shahdara-Saharanpur Light Railway (SSLR) was a narrow gauge (2' 6") line which ran north from Shahdara, one of the north-eastern suburbs of Delhi, to Saharanpur, a junction on the Meerut to Umballa section of the North Western Railway with the Oudh and Rohilkhand Railway. The SSLR was distinguished as the first and only narrow gauge line to originate from Delhi.
According to IRFCA, the line closed in 1970 but was later taken over by Indian Railways, the line being converted to broad gauge and re-opened to traffic.
"Martin's Light Railways" Wikipedia.
"Non-IR Railways in India" Indian Railways Fan Club.
"History of Railway construction" Indian Railways Service of Engineers [see "Martin & Co" in table].