21st (Prince Albert Victor's Own) Cavalry (Frontier Force)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Known as 21st Cavalry and Daly's Horse
- 1849 raised as 1st Regiment of Punjab Cavalry by Henry Daly
- 1851 retitled as the 1st Regiment of Cavalry, Punjab Irregular Force
- 1865 became the 1st Regiment of Cavalry, Punjab Frontier Force
- 1903 became 21st (Prince Albert Victor's Own) Cavalry (Frontier Force), Daly's Horse
- 1922 merged with the 23rd Regiment of Cavalry, Punjab Frontier Force to become 11th Prince Albert Victor's Own Cavalry (Frontier Force)
- 11th Prince Albert Victor's Own Cavalry (Frontier Force) Wikipedia
- Sir Henry Dermot Daly 1821-95 Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- Pavo Cavalry by Major Agha H Amin (Retired) pavocavalry.blogspot.com
- Watercolour by Charles James Lyall: 1896. 1st Regt. of Punjab Cavalry Brown Digital Repository, Brown University Library.
- Headstone carving for 21st Cavalry used by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission for First World War deaths. Appears to be based on the regimental badge of that time. From a CWGC webpage "International differences" shapingoursorrow.cwgc.org
Historical books online
- History Of 1st Punjab Cavalry 1887. Archive.org, mirror from the Digital Library of India.