2nd Dragoon Guards
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Known as The Queen's Bays
- 1685 raised as the Earl of Peterborough's Regiment of Horse and ranked as the 3rd Regiment of Horse
- 1688 renamed Villiers' Horse
- 1715 renamed The Princess of Wales's Own Regiment of Horse
- 1727 renamed The Queen's Own Regiment of Horse
- 1746 renamed The Queen's Regiment of Dragoon Guards
- 1751 became the 2nd (The Queen's) Regiment of Dragoon Guards
- 1767 became 2nd Dragoon Guards (Queen's Bays)
- 1921 retitled The Queen's Bays (2nd Dragoon Guards)
- 1959 amalgamated with the 1st King's Dragoon Guards to become 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards
Service in British India
- A History of the Queen's Bays (the 2nd Dragoon Guards), 1685-1929 by Frederic Whyte and A. Hilliard Atteridge, 1930. Available at the British Library UIN: BLL01001095776
- A History of the Queen's Bays (the 2nd Dragoon Guards), 1929-1945 by W. R. Beddington 1954. Available at the BL UIN: BLL01001095777
- The Queen's Bays including deployments www.regiments.org, an archived website.
- 2nd Dragoon Guards (Queen's Bays) Wikipedia
- 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards Wikipedia
- The Queen's Bays (2nd Dragoon Guards) National Army Museum.
- History 1857-58 www.qdg.org.uk
- Firing Line: Cardiff Castle Museum of the Welsh Soldier covers 1st Dragoon Guards, 2nd Dragoon Guards or The Queen’s Bays, 23rd, 24th , 41st and 69th Regiments of Foot.
Historical books online
- "Abstract from the Annual Medical Report of the 2nd Dragoon Guards, from 1st January to 31st December, 1862 by Surgeon Massy, page 298 Army Medical Department: Report for the Year 1862 Google Books