63rd Regiment of Foot
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Also known as The Manchester Regiment
- 1758 formed as 63rd Regiment of Foot by redesignation of 2nd Battalion, 8th (The King's) Regiment
- 1782 renamed the 63rd (the West Suffolk) Regiment of Foot
- 1881 united with 96th Regiment of Foot to become 1st Battalion The Manchester Regiment
- 1958 amalgamated with the King's Regiment (Liverpool) to form the King's Regiment.
- 2006 amalgamated with the King's Own Royal Border Regiment and the Queen's Lancashire Regiment to form the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment (King's Lancashire and Border)