Bahrun Valley Viaduct
The Bahrun Valley Viaduct was the longest bridge on the 'Karachi-Kotri Section' and is a viaduct across the Bahrun River. Construction on this bridge by the ‘Scinde Railway ’ was started on 5 March 1859 and completed on 26 January 1861 .
The ‘Scinde Railway ’ was amalgamated in 1870 to form the ‘Scinde, Punjaub & Delhi Railway ’ , and which in 1886 became part of the ‘North Western Railway ‘(NWR) when the line and this bridge became part of the ‘NWR Mainline’.
- William Arthur Brunton was responsible for the erection of the thirty-two 45 foot (13.7M) spans of the 'Bahrun Valley Viaduct' .