Bengal-Nagpur Railway Personnel
Bengal-Nagpur Railway Personnel - a sub-section of Bengal-Nagpur Railway(BNR) page.
Public Works Department
Click on name to follow link where available for more information. This list is not complete
The most notable of these are as follows
BNR Personnel - Chronological Order
- Francis Joseph Edward Spring, 1880-84 deployed from the Railway Branch of the Public Works Department, to the Bengal-Nagpur Railway Survey 
- Philip Townsend Somerville Large, 1884-92, Executive Engineer 'on loan to BNR Company' .
- Arthur John Barry Lieutenant Colonel , was an an English civil engineer and architect. Engaged c.1887 as BNR Executive Engineer in charge of the construction of the bridge over the Damuda River bridge and the work of the Damuda district, afterwards Superintending Engineer of the Bengal section .
- Robert Atwell Way, 1887, Executive Engineer 'on loan to BNR Company' .
- Trevredyn Rashleigh Wynne , 1887-1905 deployed from the Railway Branch of the Public Works Department, to the BNR as its first Agent and Chief Engineer  .
- Willoughby Verner Constable, 1887-89, Deputy Agent .
- Frederick Smith Stanton, 1887-92, following his retirement as Director General of Indian Railways, served on the Board of the Bengal-Nagpur Railway Company, based in London .
- George Moyle, 1887-94, Executive Engineer 'on loan to BNR Company' .
- Reginald Samuel John Routh, 1890, Executive Engineer 
- C W Bowles Colonel; date unknown but prior to 1907; BNR Engineer in charge of constructing its workshops, houses, schools, churches, hospitals, armoury, recreational facilities and a gaol. It was during this period that he experimented with using the Ewing System Monorail for transporting construction material during the laying of railway tracks for BNR. The Ewing System was subsqently used by Bowles for the Patiala State Monorail Trainways 
BNR Loco Running Staff, Khargpur 1910
The following people have been identified from the BNR photograph
The individual images can be seen on Flickr BNR Running Staff 1910 uploaded from the persnal collection of Valmay Young:-
- Mahar J; Night Foreman
- Bird F W; Driver
- Stacey F; ??
- Whitaker A; Driver
- Sharling H O; Driver
- Knapper J; Shunter
- Sutton R; Driver
- Yettie H A; Driver
- Wade J C; Driver
- Stanley ?; Driver
- Edwards D; Foreman
- Savigny W H; Driver
- Gorman ?; Driver
- Pierce C W; Fireman
- Stahl H W; Driver
- Collett A B; Driver
- Baker C; Fireman
- Edwards J; Driver
- McCrombie D; ?? Fitter
- Gayer E C; Dist. Loco Suptd
- Woodhouse ??; Driver
- Lennon J A; Fireman
- Drane J; Driver
- Hack ?; Driver
- Brocklehurst J; Fireman
- Robb A S; Fireman
- Rozario W E; Dist.Boiler Man
- Davey E J; Driver
- Hoogstraten J; Loco ??
- D'Souza F; ??
- Moxon H H; Driver
- Smith H O; Loco Foreman
- Dalrymple J B; Driver
- Bunyan J E; Driver
- Barnard S; Shunter
- Gambin J; Driver
- Douglas W E; Fireman
- Cummuskey W; Driver
- Sweeney P; Driver
- Gibert E; Driver
- Reilly W; ??
- Hill A R; Driver
- Bailey A S; Locomotive Engineer
- "Grace's Guide - Francis Joseph Edward Spring" Retrieved on 1 Jun 2016
- Google Books " India List and India Office List, 1905" page 543 (pdf page 506 Retrieved on 20 May 2016
- Wikipedia "Arthur John Barry"; Retrieved 1 Jun 2016
- Google Books " India List and India Office List, 1905" page 642 (pdf page 605 ) Retrieved on 1 Jun 2016
- Grace's Guide "Trevredyn Rashleigh Wynne" Retrieved on 1 Jun 2016
- Google Books " India List and India Office List, 1905" page 466 (pdf page 429) Retrieved on 1 Jun 2016
- "Grace's Guide - Frederick Smith Stanton”; Retrieved on 21 Apr 2016
- Google Books " India List and India Office List, 1905" page 572 (pdf page 535) Retrieved on 1 Jun 2016
- "India Civil List" 1890, page 40/41
- Wikipedia " Colonel C W Bowles; Retrieved on 1 Jun 2016