Dhond-Manmad State Railway
The Dhond-Manmad State Railway was a 'chord' line, constructed to connect the Great Indian Peninsula Railway(GIPR) south-eastern main line to Madras with the GIPR north-eastern main line to Allahabad.
The railway was a broad gauge(BG) line 145 miles(197km) long between the two sections of the GIPR connecting Manmad 162 miles (260km) from Bombay on the north-east section, with Dhond in Poona 167 miles(267km) from Bombay on the south-east section. 
The line was opened for traffic on the 17th of April 1878. Some large bridges which were begun in 1879 were not finished till the rains of 1880. Up to the end of 1880 the line was managed by Government; it was then handed to the Great Indian Peninsula Railway(GIPR)  and became part of the GIPR South East Division.
- Ernest Ifill Shadbolt from the Public Works Department was posted as Assistant Engineer to the Dhond-Manmad State Railway in the period 1874-83 
- Trevredyn Rashleigh Wynne deployed from the Railway Branch of the Public Works Department, 1877-79, to the Dhond-Manmad State Railway as Assistant Engineer .
- John Edwin Dallas, Assistant Engineer, also from the Railway Branch, was posted after 1876 and before 1881 to the Dhond-Manmad State Railway for 'setting out and construction' .
- Alexander Izat, Chief Engineer, on loan from PWD c.1878 
- James Rhind, Assistant to Alexander Izat c.1878-80 .
- Thomas Freeman Dowden Col. R.E. was appointed Manager of the Dhond-Manmad State Railway in the years 1878-79 .
- Capt.W.J.Engledue, Offg.Manager Dhond and Manmad State Railway 1880 ‘Railway Conference’ delegate
- “The Maharashtra State Gazetteers 1976 / Ahmadnager District / Communication / Railways”; e-version 2006"; Retrieved 3 Feb 2016
- “Indian Biographical Dictionary” 1915 page 390; Retrieved on 26 May 2016
- Grace's Guide "Trevredyn Rashleigh Wynne" Retrieved on 26 May 2016
- Institution of Civil Engineers "Biographical Dictionary of Civil Engineers" Retrieved on 26 May 2016
- Wikipedia "Bhavnagar State Railway"; Retrieved on 18 Jul 2016
- Grace's Guide "James Rhind" Retrieved on 25 Jul 2016
- Google Books " India List and India Office List, 1905" page 479 (pdf page 442) Retrieved on 26 May 2016