Events at Cawnpore
This article is part of the events in the Indian Mutiny
|7 June 1857||Start of the Siege of Cawnpore|
|27 June 1857||Massacre at Satichaura Ghat|
|16 July 1857||Massacre at Bibigarh|
|17 July 1857||Recapture of Cawnpore|
|19 November-6 December 1857||Second Siege of Cawnpore|
- "The Walsh Family and the Cawnpore Massacre" by Paddy Walsh FIBIS Journal Number 31 (Spring 2014) pages 3-15. For access, see FIBIS Journals.
Historical books on-line
- The Story of Cawnpore by Capt Mowbray Thomson 1859 (Google Books)
- Mowbray Thomson page 138 Indian & Home Memories by Sir Henry Cotton 1910. Archive.org. Includes a photograph of Mowbray Thomson.
- Cawnpore By Sir George Otto Trevelyan 1866 (Google Books)
- "The Story of My Escape from Futtehghur" by Gavin S Jones, pages 88-108 The Cornhill Magazine 1865 Google Books. This account was subsequently published in an expanded version (77 pages) in 1886 (and later) as The Story of my Escape from Fatehgarh. There are indications it may have been originally published in Blackwood’s Magazine in 1859, however nothing could be located in the 1859 editions. The 1913 edition is available at the British Library.
- List of inscriptions on Christian tombs and tablets of historical interest in the United Provinces of Agra and Oudh by E A H Blunt ICS 1911 Description of the uprising and names on monuments of European victims archive.org
- A Personal Narrative Of The Outbreak And Massacre At Cawnpore During The Sepoy Revolt Of 1857 by W J. Shepherd "2nd edition revised and corrected" 1879 Archive.org, Digital Library of India Collection. It is catalogued as Outbreak And Massacre Ed. 2
Saul David, Indian Mutiny: 1857 (London: Viking, 2002), ISBN 0670911372 ; (Penguin, 2003), ISBN 0141005548
Andrew Ward, Our Bones are Scattered: the Cawnpore Massacres and the Indian Mutiny of 1857 (McArthur & Co, 1996), ISBN 0719564107