Fort St David
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fort St David near Cuddalore on the Coromandel Coast, was built by the East India Company in the 1690s. When Fort St George was lost to the French Army in 1746, the Presidency headquarters were transferred to Fort St David until 1752.
- Ft. St. David & Cuddalore, Muster List 1703, a "List of All the Europeans, Topasses & Lascars in the Rt. Hon.ble Comp's Service in Fort St. David & Cuddalore" 1703