Siege of Bhurtpore 1826
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Siege of Bhurtpore 1826|
|Part of Jat War 1825-26|
|Date:||18 January 1826|
|East India Company||Bhurtpore|
|Lord Combermere||Durjan Sal|
Historical books online
- Siege of Bhurtpore page 41 Memoirs and correspondence of Field-Marshal Viscount Combermere, Volume II by the Right Hon Mary, Vicountess Combermere and Capt W W Knollys 1866 Archive.org. Lord Combermere was Commander-In -Chief in India, and had been appointed to the position "as the man to take Bhurtpore"
- "The Siege of Bhurtpore" from Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine, Volume 23, January-June 1828, page 445 Google Books
- "Siege of Bhurtpore" from Naval and Military Magazine Volume 3 1828, page 396 Google Books
- Narrative of the Siege and Capture of Bhurtpore by J N Creighton, Captain 11th Regiment, Light Dragoons 1830 HathiTrust Digital Library. Also available at Archive.org, mirror of a file from Kerala State Central Library Rare Books Online.
- "Siege and Storm of Bhurtpore from the Letters of an Officer Present", The United Service Magazine 1834 Part 2, page 188. Hathi Trust Digital Library
- "Bhurtpore 1825-6", page 573 British Battles on Land and Sea, Volume II by James Grant. First published c 1873 Archive.org
- List of inscriptions on Christian tombs and tablets of historical interest in the United Provinces of Agra and Oudh by E A H Blunt ICS 1911 Names on monument of NCOs and men killed and description of assault on the fort archive.org