3rd Regiment of Sikh Infantry, Punjab Frontier Force
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Known as the 3rd Sikhs and 53rd Sikhs
- 1846 raised as 3rd Regiment of Sikh Infantry, Frontier Brigade by Capt F Winter at Ferozpur
- 1847 renamed 3rd Regiment of Sikh Local Infantry
- 1851 renamed 3rd Regiment of Sikh Infantry, Punjab Irregular Force
- 1865 became the 3rd Regiment of Sikh Infantry, Punjab Frontier Force
- 1901 became 3rd Sikh Infantry
- 1903 became 53rd Sikhs (Frontier Force)
- 1922 amalagmated with four other regiments to form four battalions of 12th Frontier Force Regiment becoming 3rd Battalion
- 1935 became 3rd Royal Battalion (Sikhs), 12th Frontier Regiment
- 1945 became 3rd Royal Battalion (Sikhs), Frontier Force Regiment
- 1947 allocated to Pakistan
- 1957 amalgamated with the Pathan Regiment and the Frontier Force Regiment forming The Frontier Force Regiment and known as the 5th Battalion
- The Frontier Force Regiment, compiled by Brigadier W. E. H. Condon 1962. Available online, see below.
- 12th Frontier Force Regiment Wikipedia
- Frontier Force Regiment Wikipedia
- 12th Frontier Force Regiment pakdef.org, now archived.
- Frontier Force Regiment defence.pk
- "Military Operations in Aden 1914-1915" by Harry Fecitt, from Harry’s Sideshows kaiserscross.com. Includes mention of the 53rd Sikhs (Frontier Force)
Historical books online
- The Historical Record Of The 3rd Sikh Infantry, Punjab Frontier Force Published 1904. Archive.org, Public Library of India Collection.
- The Frontier Force Regiment compiled by Brigadier W. E. H. Condon 1962. Link to a pdf download, PAHAR - Mountains of Central Asia Digital Dataset (MCADD).