Great Indian Peninsula Railway Regiment
(Redirected from 13th Great Indian Peninsula Railway Battalion)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1875 raised on 29th December as the Great Indian Peninsula Railway Volunteer Corps
- 1908 amalgamated with the Midland Railway Volunteer Corps, which became 2nd Battalion, on 5th August
- 1917 1st April became 13th Great Indian Peninsula Railway Battalion
- 1920 redesignated Great Indian Peninsula Railway Regiment on 1st October
- Headquarters - Bombay
- Uniform - Blue
- Facings - Red
- Working dress- Khaki drill
- Uniform - Khaki
- Facings - White
- Badge - A stringed bugle surmounted by a crown with a scroll below inscribed "G.I.P. Rly. Regt."
- Barnes In Retrospect by Mr. W. R. Coles. Contains details of the Cadet Company, Barnes School, Devlali, or Deolali on the Deccan Plateau; strength, 2 officers and 60 cadets. All the senior boys joined as soon as they were fifteen.
- Indian Army List 1st Sept 1901
- Jackson, Major Donovan India's Army (1940)