125th Napier's Rifles
Known as 25th Regiment of Bombay Native (Light) Infantry in the Bombay Army
Known as 125th Napier's Rifles in the Indian Army
- 1820 raised as the 1st Extra Battalion of Bombay Native Infantry out of the Poona Auxiliary Force
- 1826 became the 25th Regiment of Bombay Native (Light) Infantry
- 1861 became the 25th Regiment of Bombay Light Infantry
- 1889 became the 25th Regiment (3rd Battalion Rifle Regiment) of Bombay Infantry
- 1901 became the 25th Bombay Rifles
- 1903 became the 125th Napier's Rifles
- 1922 amalgamated with 104th Wellesley’s Rifles, 120th Rajputana Infantry, 122nd Rajputana Infantry and 123rd Outram's Rifles to become the 5th Battalion (Napier's) 6th Rajputana Rifles
- 1945 became 5th Battalion Rajputana Rifles
- 1947 allocated to India on Partition
Napier's Rifles. The history of the 5th Battalion 6th Rajputana Rifles by H. G. Rawlinson. [With plates] Published 1929. Available at the British Library UIN: BLL01001795394
Second World War
5/6th Rajputana Rifles were at Nasik, India in April 1945, and Java from October 1945 to July 1946 approximately.
- 125th Napiers Rifles British Empire website
- 125th Napier's Rifles Wikipedia
- 6th Rajputana Rifles Wikipedia
- Rajputana Rifles Wikipedia
Historical books online
- Tiger-shooting in India; being an account of hunting experiences on foot in Rajpootana, during the hot seasons, from 1850 to 1854 by William Rice, Lieutenant 25th Regiment Bombay N I. 1857 Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- JITTER PARTY. IMH (Shillong), 57 IGH, 23 ICCS WW2Talk Forum 5 July 2018. Retrieved 18 August 2018.