Kolar Gold Fields Battalion
(Redirected from 43rd Kolar Gold Fields Battalion)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1903 formed as the Kolar Gold Fields Rifle Volunteers on 23rd January from a detachment of the Bangalore Rifle Volunteers
- 1917 became 43rd Kolar Gold Fields Battalion on 1st April
- 1920 redesignated on 1st October as the Kolar Gold Fields Battalion
- Uniform - Khaki
- Badge - Crossed pickaxe and hammer in circle superscribed "The Kolar Gold Fields Bn", all surmounted by crown
- The names of Officers and NCOs of the Kolar Gold Fields Rifle Volunteers, 1905 are listed at the bottom of The List of Residents of K.G.F in 1905 from the late Ronnie Johnson's archived website.
- “The Kolar Gold-Fields” Indian pictures and problems p182, Sir Ian Zachary Malcolm (1907) Archive.org, briefly mentions the corps of Volunteers.
- "Officers & NCOs of Kolar Gold Fields Volunteers" - Karnataka, 1896 - Old Indian Photos Photograph with handwritten names.
- Jackson, Major Donovan India's Army (1940)