Eastern Bengal Company
(Redirected from Eastern Bengal Volunteer Rifle Corps)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Eastern Bengal Company were an auxiliary regiment.
- 1901 formed as the Eastern Bengal Volunteer Rifles on 23rd January from the Dacca Volunteer Rifle Corps and the Chittagong Volunteer Rifle Corps
- 1917 became 41st Eastern Bengal Company on 1st April
- 1920 redesignated on 1st October as Eastern Bengal Company
- Headquarters - Dacca
- Uniform - Khaki drill
- Uniform - Khaki
- Facings - yellow
- Badge - a crocodile
- Motto - "Vis Et Tenax"
- Indian Army List 1st Sept 1901
- Govt. of India Mily. Dept. letter No. 3323-B, dated, 16th November 1900 and No. 1229-B, dated 10th April 1901
- Jackson, Major Donovan India's Army (1940)