26th Regiment of Foot

From FIBIwiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Crest of the Cameronians

Also known as The Cameronians


  • 1688 raised as The Cameronian Guard
  • 1689 became the Earl of Angus's Regiment
  • 1751 became the 26th Regiment of Foot
  • 1782 became 26th (or Cameronian) Regiment of Foot
  • 1881 united with 90th Regiment of Foot (Perthshire Volunteers) (Light Infantry), to become 1st Battalion The Cameronians (Scottish Rifles)
  • 1968 disbanded

External Links

Historical Books Online