Asia, Pacific & Africa Collection
The British Library's Asia, Pacific and Africa Collections (APAC), formerly known as OIOC (Oriental and India Office Collections) contain the India Office Records. Material belonging to the collection may be viewed in the Asian & African Studies Reading Room. To visit the Library you will need to apply for a reader's ticket; details of this may be found in the British Library article.
Material held in the collection includes:
- India Office Records
- European Manuscripts collection
- Publications relevant to British India
Obtaining remote research assistance
- The FIBIS research team is available to assist FIBIS members unable to visit the British Library. For information and advice contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The APAC team at the British Library also conduct research into their records. Charges may apply. For further details email apac-enquiries@ bl.uk
- Asian and African Studies
- South Asia: Resources for the study of South Asia, past and present. South Asia is taken to include Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Africa: Historical and contemporary material for the study of Africa
- Online Gallery Asia, Pacific and Africa Collections searchable prints, drawings and photographs
- British Library - India Office Family Records on-line Search
- The Treasures of the Asian & African Studies Reading Room British Library Asian and African Studies blog 26 July 2013