The station at this town was on the Eastern Bengal State Railway (EBR)
See Imperial Gazetteer Volume 12 Page 279
The broad gauge(BG) from the Calcutta terminus station at Sealdah via Dum Dum and Ranaghat to Poradaha opened in 1862 and extended in 1864 to Kushtia. The EBR company had also acquired a steam vessel service operating between Kushtia and Dacca on the Ganges River (known in this region as the Padma River) . In 1871 the line was extended from Poradaha to a new ferry terminal at Goalundo , about 45 miles east of Kushtia and reducing the river trip to Dacca. These railways became the start of the ‘EBR Eastern Division’.
See page EBR Lines Owned and Worked