|Altitude:||228 m (748 ft)|
|Present Day Details|
|See our interactive map of this location showing|
places of interest during the British period
THIS PAGE IS WAITING FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION
Jullundur was the headquarters of Jullundur District in the Jullundur Division of Punjab Province during the British period. Other nearby cities include Ludhiana to the south and Amritsar to the north.
Modern spelling: Jalandhar
Battle of Jullundur 1857
In 1901 the town had two flour mills and a brass and iron foundry, and its trades included silk manufacture and carpentry.
The cantonment had been established in 1846, four miles to the west of the town, and usually contained two batteries of field artillery, one battalion of British infantry, one regiment of native cavalry and a battalion of native infantry.
The Prince Consort’s Own Rifle Brigade, 3rd Battalion, was stationed there in 1892.