15th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry
(Redirected from 15th Bengal Native Infantry)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|List of Bengal Army Regiments|
|Bengal Infantry Regiments|
|Bengal Infantry Finder tool|
|Bengal Horse Artillery|
|Bengal Sappers and Miners|
|East India Company Army|
Also known as the Hooseney Battalion.
- 1765 raised at Allahabad as the Hooseney Battalion by General Smith ranked as 20th Battalion
- 1765 posted to the 2nd Brigade
- 1775 renumbered the 13th Battalion of Bengal Native Infantry
- 1781 became the 7th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry
- 1783 became the 14th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry
- 1796 became the 2nd Battalion 10th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry
- 1824 became the 15th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry
- 1857 mutinied at Nusseerabad 28 May
In 1861 after the mutiny the title was given to the Regiment of Ludhiana which later became 15th (Ludhiana) Regiment of Sikh Infantry.
- List of officers 1829 Google Books
- The Mutinies in Rajpootana, being personal narrative of the Mutiny at Nusseerabad, with subsequent residence at Jodhpore, and journey across the desert into Sind, together with an account of the outbreak at Neemuch, and mutiny of the Jodhpore Legion at Erinpoora, and attack on Mount Aboo by Iltudus Thomas Prichard. late of the Bengal Army 1860 Google Books. He had served with the 15th Bengal Native Infantry.