1864 Calcutta cyclone
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The cyclone at Calcutta and in the vicinity 5 October 1864
There was also an earlier severe cyclone in 1737
- "General News.; India. The Cyclone At Calcutta""The New York Times November 24, 1864
- "The 1737 Calcutta Earthquake and Cyclone Evaluated" by Roger Bilham, Bull. Seism. Soc. Amer. 84(5), 1650-1657, 1984 html version, pdf
- "The Kolkata Cyclone/Earthquake of 1737: Random Scribbles" by Ranjan Chakrabarti, Vidyasagar University Journal of History Vol.1 2012-13 html version, pdf
- 1737- Hooghly River Hurricane "Hurricanes: Science and Society"
Historical books online
- A Brief History of the Cyclone at Calcutta and Vicinity, 5th October 1864 1865 Google Books
- "The Cyclone of the 5th October 1864" page 154 Annual Report on the Administration of th Bengal Presidency 1864-65 Google Books. (Note this book file contains three different Annual Reports, separately numbered)
- Report on the Calcutta Cyclone of the 5th October 1864 by James Gastrell Eardley and Henry F. Blanford. 1866 Google Books
- "Personal Memories and Reminiscences of the Calcutta Cyclone of the 5th October 1864" page 120 Bengal Past and Present Volume 2, No 1 January 1908 Archive.org/DLI Collection.