25th Cavalry (Frontier Force)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1849 raised in Multan as 5th Regiment of Punjab Cavalry by Capt Robert Fitzpatrick of the 12th Bombay Native Infantry
- 1851 retitled the 5th Regiment of Cavalry, Punjab Irregular Force
- 1861 became the 5th Punjab Cavalry, Punjab Frontier Force
- 1903 became the 25th Cavalry (Frontier Force)
- 1921 merged with the 22nd Cavalry to become 22/25th Cavalry (Frontier Force)
- 1922 became the 12th Cavalry (Frontier Force)
- 1937 became the permanent training regiment of the 2nd Indian Cavalry Group
- 12th Cavalry (Frontier Force) Wikipedia
- Photograph: Officers of the 25th Cavalry (Frontier Force) 1890. britishempire.co.uk
- Sam Browne's Cavalry (12th Frontier Force) Extract from Sons Of John Company by John Gaylor. November 1999 defencejournal.com, now archived.
- "The 25th Cavalry (Frontier Force) in German and Portuguese East Africa September 1917 – February 1918" by Harry Fecitt c May 2016. gweaa.com
Historical books online
- "The Devil - My Friend" by Charles Trehane, page 338 True World War I Stories 1999, being a reprint of Everyman at War: Sixty Personal Narratives of the War edited by C. B. Purdom 1930. Captain C H Trehane 25th Cavalry (Frontier Force), I A, was in German East Africa in 1917. Archive.org Books to Borrow/Lending Library.