4th Bombay Grenadiers
The 4th Bombay Grenadiers was formed in 1922 by the amalgamation of six existing regiments and consisted of five regular battalions and a training battalion. By the beginning of the Second World War, the latter four Battalions had been disbanded or amalgamated. Further Battalions were formed during the Second World War
- 1st Battalion: see 101st Grenadiers
- 2nd Battalion: see 102nd Prince of Wales's Own Grenadiers
- 3rd Battalion: see 108th Infantry
- 4th Battalion: see 109th Infantry
- 5th Battalion: see 112th Infantry
- 10th (Training) Battalion: see 113th Infantry
- The Grenadiers : a Tradition of Valour by Col. R.D. Palsokar. Jabalpur : Grenadiers Regimental Centre, . Available at the British Library UIN: BLL01011840970
- "The 4th Bombay Grenadiers (1922 title) from raising as 1st Indian Grenadiers in 1779 onwards, inc. Mysore Wars, Egypt 1801, Mahratta Wars, Central India in the Mutiny, Abyssinia, 2nd Afghan War, Burma, Somaliland &c., WW1 Mespot. &c., post-war NWF, WW2 PAIFORCE & Burma (inc. Kohima & Meiktila &c.) & post-1947 Indo-Pakistan Wars &c. Appendices inc. rolls of commanding officers & subedar-majors, gallantry awards (inc. MiDs) to all ranks, both pre- & post-Independence. "a comprehensive account of all the Grenadier battalions & their forebears between 1779 & 1980... gives proper recognition to this fine regiment" - Perkins."
- 4th Bombay Grenadiers Wikipedia
- Page 75 Valour and Sacrifice: Famous Regiments of the Indian Army by Gautam Sharma Google Books
- Turner Donovan Military Books Item 62, December 2019.