32nd Regiment of Madras Native Infantry
(Redirected from 92nd Punjab Regiment)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Known as 32nd Regiment of Madras Native Infantry in the Madras Army
Known as 92nd Punjabis in the Indian Army
- 1800 raised as 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment of Madras Native Infantry
- 1824 became 32nd Regiment of Madras Native Infantry
- 1885 became 32nd Madras Infantry
- 1890 became 4th Burma Infantry
- 1891 became 32nd Regiment (4th Burma Battalion) Madras Infantry
- 1901 became 32nd Burma Infantry
- 1903 became 92nd Punjab (Light Infantry) Regiment
- 1922 became 4th/8th Punjab Regiment (Prince of Wales Own)
- 1947 allocated to Pakistan on Partition
- 1956 merged with other units to form the Baloch Regiment (4 Baloch Regiment)
- Unfaded Glory : the 8th Punjab Regiment 1798-1956 by Major Rifat Nadeem Ahmad & Major General Rafiuddin Ahmed. Published 2006 by Naval & Military Press, UK. Available at Imperial War Museums, catalogue number LBY 07 / 2537
- Some brief details of WW2 deployments from this book are provided in a WW2Talk Forum post.
- 8th Punjab Regiment Wikipedia
- 8th Punjab Regiment from John Gaylor's book Sons Of John Company. Defence Journal Karachi January 2000, now archived.
- 92nd Punjabis British Empire website
- Captain Aubrey Reilly, 69th Punjabis killed in action at Sannaiyat in Mesopotamia on the 22nd February 1917 while attached to the 92nd Punjabis. Opusculum website.
- RobG64. 8th Punjab Regiment Regimental History WW2Talk Forum 19 January 2020. Retrieved 22 January 2020.