8th Punjab Regiment
Jump to navigation Jump to search
8th Punjab Regiment was formed in 1922 by the amalgamation of five existing regiments and consisted of five regular battalions and a training battalion. Further Battalions were formed during the Second World War
- 1st Battalion: see 89th Punjab Regiment
- 2nd Battalion: see 90th Punjab Regiment
- 3rd Battalion: see 91st Punjab Regiment
- 4th Battalion: see 92nd Punjab Regiment
- 5th Battalion: see 93rd Burma Infantry Regiment
- Unfaded Glory : the 8th Punjab Regiment 1798-1956 by Major Rifat Nadeem Ahmad & Major General Rafiuddin Ahmed. Published 2006 by Naval & Military Press, UK. Available at Imperial War Museums, catalogue number LBY 07 / 2537
- 8th Punjab Regiment Wikipedia
- 8th Punjab Regiment from John Gaylor's book Sons Of John Company. Defence Journal Karachi January 2000, now archived.
- "8th Punjab Regtl. Centre" [c 1945] by Des McDougall. Located at Lahore. The author was a newly commissioned British officer, who had attended the Officers’ Training School, Bangalore. bbc.co.uk/ww2peopleswar.