Technically, not a separate railway, the railway between Allahabad and Jubbulpore was originally constructed by the East Indian Railway (EIR) to join its main line from Calcutta to Delhi with the north-eastern line constructed by the Great Indian Peninsula Railway (GIPR) over Thal Ghat from Bombay.
In 1925 when the Government of India(GoI) took over the management of both the EIR and GIPR, it transferred the line from the EIR to the GIPR.
- Z/E/4/27/A330; Allahabad, Railways, Survey for extension of Jutgaon and Jubbulpore line”; 1856
- Z/E/4/27/R182; “Railways, Surveys, Mirzapore and Allahabad, sanctioned for extension of Jubbulpore to Julgaon line”; 1856
- “Symphony of Progress - The Saga of the Eastern Railway 1854-2003”; published by Eastern Railway, 2003; page 14
- “British Library Archives and Manuscripts Catalogue” - Search; Retrieved 1 Apr 2016