Ambaji-Taranga Light Railway
The Ambaji Taranga Light Railway Company was an unassisted private company and shares were issued in 1917. 
‘The first section from Varetha to Samia, 20 miles(32km) in length was opened in 1919. It was the first section of a project to connect Varetha, on the Gaekwar's Mehsana Railway, with a proposed terminal station at Ambaji.The line serves considerable pilgrim traffic to the Holy Shrines at Taranga and Kumbharia, and when extended another 14 miles will serve the important Shrine at Ambaji. The line was constructed and worked by the Ambaji Taranga Light Railway Company’ .
It appears that the Company went into liquidation about 1924-25. There is no evidence that the line was ever extended to Ambaji or that the NG railway operated after this period. The 1980 Railway Budget proposed to convert this line to broad gauge(BG).
- " Administration Report on the Railways in India” – corrected up to 31st March 1918", page 206. Published bv the Superintendent of Government Printing, Calcutta; Retrieved 14 Feb 2016
- “Ambaji Taranga Light Railway Company” Share Certificate 1917; Retrieved 14 Feb 2016
- “Railways in India ; Administrative Report for 1919-20”; page 15. The Superintendant of Government Printing, Calcutta Retrieved on 14 Feb 2016