B&NWR Railway Workshops

From FIBIwiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Bengal and North-Western Railway Worshops( B&NWR)

Gorakhpur Railway Workshop
The B&NWR workshop at Gorakhpur was established in 1903 for repair and overhauling of metre gauge(MG) steam locomotives, coaches and wagons [1].

Samastipur Railway Workshop
Samastipur was another workshops and stores. It was a major junction on the B&NWR [2].

Sonpur Railway Workshop
Sonpur Village was an important station on the B&NW, which crossers the Gandak by a fine bridge connecting Sonpur with Hajipur on the left bank. There are railway workshops which employ some 1,000 hands [3].

See also