|Altitude:||461 m (1,512 ft)|
|Present Day Details|
Bahawalpur was the capital of Bahawalpur State until its merger with Pakistan in 1955. It is now the capital of Bahawalpur District, one of three districts making up the former state.
It was founded in 1748 by Nawab Muhammad Bahawal Khan Abbasi I.
- Bahawal Victoria Hospital (1906) (formerly Civil Hospital 1867)
Places of interest
- Royal Palaces
- Bahawalpur Library (1924). Second largest in the province.
- Bahawalpur Wikipedia 9retrieved 16 may 2016)
Historical books online
- Punjab States Gazetteers Bahawalpur State Vol. 36 1908. Pdf download, Digital Library of India.
- Bahawalpur Imperial Gazetteer