Bankura-Damoodar River Railway
|Bankura-Damoodar River Railway|
|Line of route|
|Bankura to Rainagar|
|Gauge / mileage|
|2' 6" NG||60 miles (estimate)|
|1916||Opened to traffic|
|1916||McLeod's Light Railways|
|1967||South Eastern Railway (IR zone)|
|How to interpret this infobox|
The Bankura-Damoodar River Railway (BDRR) was a 2ft 6in/762mm narrow gauge(NG) line, 60 miles(96km). The Bankura-Damoodar River Railway Company was owned, built and operated as part of McLeod's Light Railways(McLR), opening to traffic on 15 December 1916. .
A Contract dated 9 Sep 1918 confirming the arrangements was made between the Secretary of State for India, and the Bankura-Damoodar River Railway Company, Limited, Calcutta of the other part. Messrs. McLeod & Company are stated as the promoters of the Company. The Company officials are given as Messrs J J Godfrey, General Manager, Dalhousie Square, Calcutta ; E W Bowrey; Colin C Guliland. This Contract has been transcribed by FIBIS 
No staff or personnel lists have been found for this railway
Refer to FIBIS Fact File #4: “Research sources for Indian Railways, 1845-1947” - available from the Fibis shop. This Fact File contains invaluable advice on 'Researching ancestors in the UK records of Indian Railways' with particular reference to the India Office Records (IOR) held at the British Library
- " Administration Report on the Railways in India – corrected up to 31st March 1918"; Superintendent of Government Printing, Calcutta; page 211; Retrieved 12 Nov 2018
- British Library’ Indian Office Records’ IOR/L/F/8/19/1442 “Bankura-Damoodar River Railway Company Limited, Contract for construction"