Barrachakia Sugar Factory Railway
The 'Barrachakia Sugar Factory', owned by 'Champaran Sugar Mills Ltd' opened in 1905-03. Begg, Sutherland & Co were the Managing Agent . .
The 2ft/610mm narrow gauge(NG) railway of unknown length was operational from 1905 until 1985 when disposed of by the sucessor company the 'British India Corporation Ltd' .
The factory was also connected via a metre gauge(MG) branch to Chakia, a station on the Bengal and North-Western Railway(B&NWR) 'Bachhwara-Bahaha Branch Line'.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 “Industrial Railways and Locomotives of India and South Asia” compliled by Simon Darvill. Published by ‘The Industrial Railway Society’ 2013. ISBN 978 1 901556 82-7. Available at http://irsshop.co.uk/India. Reference: Entry BR07 page 108