also described from 1938 as the Bhavnagar Mahuva Tramway
The ‘Bhavnagar Tramway’ was a 2ft 6in/762mm narrow gauge(NG) railway built by the Bhavnagar State, India. The first section was built in 1926 from Bhavnagar south to Talaja, and then extended to Mahuva in 1938. The total length of the tramway was 67.5 miles(109km). The tramway used small 4-8-0 locomotives, later classified as the “T” class. In 1947 the tramway was taken over by the Saurashtra Railway, and later by the Western Railway .
- ‘Bhavnagar-Wadhwan Mainline’ Line ‘A’ on map
- ‘Mahuva Extension’ Line ‘F’ on map
See Kathiawar Peninsula Railway and Tramway Systems which gives a map, timeline and relates this light railway to others in the Kathiawar Peninsula.
- Wikipedia "Bhavnagar Tramway"; Retrieved 22 Jun 2019