Cawnpore Light Horse
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Cawnpore Light Horse were an volunteer corps under the Bengal command.
- 1886 raised from the Cawnpore Volunteer Rifle Corps on 5th February
- 1904 amalgamated with four other horse troops to become the United Provinces Light Horse
- "William Garnett, the Volunteering Major" by Michael Garnett FIBIS Journal Number 26 Autumn 2011, pages 26-30. For details of how to access this article, see FIBIS Journals
- He played a major role in the establishment of the Cawnpore Light Horse and on retirement to England in 1919 held the rank of Company Sergeant Major. This article contains much information about the Cawnpore Light Horse and about Volunteer Regiments generally.
- Jackson, Major Donovan India's Army (1940)
- Indian Army List 1st Sept 1901