In the 17th century Cossimbazar gained a position as the great trading centre of Bengal, which was not challenged until after the foundation of Calcutta. An English Commercial Agent was based here from 1658, and the Dutch and French also traded here.
Cossimbazar, Kossimbazar, Kasim Bazar, Kasimbazar, Kassimbazar
- Cossimbazar Wikipedia
- Old Cossimbazar, The Cosmopolitan City. October 11, 2011. livelystories.com
- Murshidabad: Cossimbazar murshidabad.net
- Photograph: Dutch Cemetery, Cossimbazar trekearth.com
- Cossimbazar: Holland on the Ganges - The Unknown Mausoleum YouTube video
Historical books online
- "Cossimbazar" Imperial Gazetteer of India, Volume 11, page 52.
- "Cossimbazar" page 184 Murshidabad by L.S.S. O'Malley 1914 Archive.org. A book in the series Bengal District Gazetteers