Daurala Sugar Factory Railway

From FIBIwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Daurala Sugar Factory Railway

The ‘Daurala Sugar Factory’ at Daurala, United Provinces, was opened in 1923 by the ‘Delhi Cloth & General Mills Co Ltd’, later becoming the ‘Upper India Sugar Mills Ltd’ [1].


The 2ft/610mm narrow gauge(NG) railway was built by the United Provinces Government ‘solely for sugarcane traffic direct from the rich canal tract around Manwana to the large {new} sugar mill at Dauurala. When built the railway was 15 miles(24km) long and became a field system of around 20 miles(32km). Rail traffic ceased inc.1976-77 and out of use by 1977 [1].

References

  1. 1.0 1.1 “Industrial Railways and Locomotives of India and South Asia” compiled by Simon Darvill. Published by ‘The Industrial Railway Society’ 2013. ISBN 978 1 901556 82-7. Available at http://irsshop.co.uk/India. Reference: Entry UP46. page ....