- Various Posts on India Listdiscuss the possible ways of finding records for a divorce. However they do not definitely establish that there are still relevant records existing in India.
Divorce legal judgements
- V.H. Lopez vs E.J. Lopez on 8/9/1885 Calcutta High Court. Marriage between a man and his deceased wife's sister, where the parties were Roman Catholic.
- Culley vs Culley And Ors. on 16/6/1888 Allahabad High Court
- K. M. Butt vs F. C. K. Butt on 6/9/1897 Calcutta High Court
- Edward Caston vs L.H. Caston and W.T. Cogdell on 27/3/1899 Allahabad High Court
- 1912 divorce petition Henry William Gill and his wife Catherine Isabella Gill. Cawnpore. Allahabad High Court
- Beatrice Alice De Ste Croix vs Philip De Ste Croix on 23/1/1917 Calcutta High Court
- Alfred Wilkinson vs Grace Emily Wilkinson on 4/4/1923 Poona. Bombay High Court
- Rachel Benjamin vs Benjamin Solomon Benjamin on 23/9/1925, a Jewish couple. Bombay High Court
- M. Barnard vs G.H. Barnard on 31/1/1928 Calcutta High Court
- Henrietta Violet Wenkenbach (otherwise Taylor) vs Otto Guenter Wenkenbach on 23/7/1936 Calcutta High Court
- Grace Isabel Stuedman vs Anneley Eliardo Beresford De... on 27/5/1943 Calcutta High Court. This is elsewhere referred to as 'Grace Isabel Stuedman v. A. E. B. de Courey Wheeler'
- Ralph Hugh Friedlander vs Kathleen Marjorie Friedlander on 30/8/1948 Bombay High Court
- Yvonme [Yvonne?] Gwendoline Marie Lewis vs Aloysius Lewis on 6/12/1948 Madras High Court
- Alfred Stanley Barrett vs Mrs. Kathleen Barrett on 26/8/1949 Lucknow. Allahabad High Court
- David Sassoon Ezekiel vs Najia Noori Reuben on 9/3/1931 re a betrothal of a Jewish couple. Bombay High Court
Historic Books Online
The Law of Divorce Applicable to Christians in India (The Indian Divorce Act 1869) By H A Rattigan 1897. On archive.org contains a Table of Cases
- U.K. Civil Divorce Records, 1858-1915 are available on the pay website Ancestry.co.uk, located in the category Birth, Marriage & Death, including Parish/Marriage & Divorce.