Gangpur Light Tramway

From FIBIwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Gangpur Light Tramway

The 'Gangpur Light Tramway Co Ltd' constructed an 8 mile(13km) long 2ft/610mm narrow gauge(NG) line. The line ran from the Bengal-Nagpur Railway(BNR) station at Dharuadhi to Ghoriajor in the Sundargarh District of Orissa. It was built to open up the manganese deposits in Gangpur State under the management of 'Grossman & Co'. Construction started in Jun 1908 and the line opened in Jan 1909. The equipment included 3 locomotives , steel box wagons and tipping wagons[1].

No further information has been found.

References

  1. “Industrial Railways and Locomotives of India and South Asia” compiled by Simon Darvill. Published by ‘The Industrial Railway Society’ 2013. ISBN 978 1 901556 82-7. Available at http://irsshop.co.uk/India. Reference: Entry OR29 page ....